Sermon Passage for Sunday
Tapestry Kids Ministry exists to glorify God by:
• Maintaining a safe and secure environment for our children. All volunteers have passed a background check and received training for serving with our kids.
• Supporting and encouraging parents who are primarily responsible for teaching biblical truths to their children (Ephesians 6:4)
• Making the whole counsel of Scripture known to children with special emphasis on the Gospel (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Romans 1:16-17)
• Praying for the children and relying on the Holy Spirit to regenerate their hearts through the faithful teaching of His Word (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:4-10)
• Living faithfully before the children and modeling for them how Christians are called to respond to God, interact with each other, and with the world around us (Matthew 5:16; 1 Corinthians 11:1)
• Encouraging children to learn to serve and to not just be served (Mark 10:43-45).
• Maintaining the highest ethical standards such that volunteers and teachers always live and serve above reproach, protecting the reputation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Preparing children to one day walk with God as adults, which means getting them ready to be a part of the public services and Lord willing, one day, a fully participating adult member.
Generations of Godliness
“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
“But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.” (2 Timothy 3:14-15)
Each Sunday during worship we have 3 different age appropriate classrooms for your kids:
- Babies --> Newborn - 2 years old
- Toddlers --> 3 years old - 5 years old
- Kids --> Kindergarten - 5th grade (kids go to worship until time for the sermon then are dismissed to their classroom). On the last Sunday of the month the kids stay in the worship service for its entirety